On Friday 04 October 2013 the inaugural fundraising lunch of The Caroline Foundation was held in The Marker Hotel, Grand Canal Square, Dublin.
Compered by the unrivalled Ms Miriam O’Callaghan and starring one of Ireland’s leading stand-up comedians, Deirdre O Kane, it was a gala event generously supported by Ireland’s business, professional and educational worlds.
We are delighted to report that the event was most successful and that over € 56,000 was raised (after all bills were paid). This is now added to the € 25,000 raised in Walk, Charity Golf Competition and other activities outlined in our website. The money goes directly to fund an additional research scientist to work with Prof John Crown for the Cancer Clinical Research Trust (CCRT). More on the researcher in later update!
Centrepieces of the Silent Auction held during the lunch include – View Auction Items here
- one of the iconic Bears by Patrick O’Reilly,
- selected work by Guggi, Ireland’s avant garde, internationally renowned artist,
- specially chosen piece by celebrated sculptor Bob Quinn,
- stunning hat ‘The Caroline Hat’, by Irish Milliner of the Year 2013 – Martha Lynn
- cruise for 55 people with spectacular views from Dublin’s harbour with Dublin Bay Cruises
- Print called ‘Spring’ by John Brennan, Millcove Gallery, Castletownbere.
Other items for raffle included vouchers, golf 4 balls, beauty packs, overnight hotel stays, spa breaks, dinner in leading gourmet restaurants and other surprises.
Next year The Caroline Foundation lunch will be on Friday 03 October 2014. More anon!